If you haven’t picked up on it already, we’re a little bit obsessed with pretty much everything Jessica at How Sweet It Is posts on her blog. This is another one of those dishes.
It’s not uncommon for us to entertain on “school nights.” That’s what I call work nights. AKA Monday – Thursday. Because of that, this dish is great for entertaining. You can make the shrimp mixture the night before and let it marinate overnight.
- 1 pound raw peeled and deveined shrimp
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups uncooked penne
- Green onions (for serving)
- In a bowl, whisk olive oil, parmesan, brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic and red pepper flakes together.
- Add shrimp to a large ziplock bag, pour marinade over top, then seal bag and shake to coat. Place in the fridge to marinate for 30 minutes… or 2-4 hours… or overnight if desired!
- When ready to eat, bring water to boil in a large pot and cook penne according to directions.
- While pasta is cooking, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and marinade (just dump the entire contents of the bag into the skillet), then cook shrimp until pink – about 2 minutes per side. Be careful not to overcook!
- As soon as shrimp is finished, add penne into the skillet and toss to coat completely. Top with additional parmesan cheese and sliced green onions, then serve.
Adapted from How Sweet It Is.